Camping at Big White. Whether you have a tent or an RV, you’re welcome at Big White Campgrounds this summer. This comfortable campground is located at Black Forest and includes all essential amenities, including washrooms, running water and picnic tables. Your pets are also welcome!
Walk or drive to the Village to access all summer activities, including downhill mountain biking, hiking, scenic chairlift rides and events. After enjoying dinner at one of our on-mountain restaurants, head back to the campgrounds and relax around the communal fire pit while chatting about your day on the mountain.
Please note there are no hook-ups or sani-stations available for RVs. This is an alpine campground and alpine conditions will affect the grounds accordingly.
Day parking for RVs is available in Happy Valley, there is absolutely no day parking in Black Forest.
TO BOOK YOUR SPOT - CALL 250.765.8888 | EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
|Summer season opens June 27 - September 2|
Tents: Located on the grassy area. 15ft x 15ft. No parking at site - please park in overflow parking along the road boundary. One car allowed per site, additional vehicle charge is $12+tax per vehicle/night.
Regular RV: Located in the parking area along the road boundary. 45ft x 20ft. Additional vehicles can park in the overflow parking located along the road boundary. Additional vehicle charge is $12+tax per vehicle/night.
Pull Through RV: Located centrally in the parking area. 45ft x 20ft. Additional vehicles can park in the overflow parking located along the road boundary. Additional vehicle charge is $12+tax per vehicle/night.
Location: Black Forest Day Lodge - 12 minute walk to Village Centre
Campground Access: Via Black Forest Road (dirt road)
Bike Storage: Bike Valet available through Big White's Rental/Repair Shop
|Site rate for up to 4 people||$20 per night|
|Adults (19+):||$5 per night|
Prices are per camp site and do not include tax (5% GST).
*Maximum 6 guests per site
- At least one member of the camping party must be 19 years or older
- A maximum of six persons per camping party including children (15 years of age and younger)
- One camping party per site, unless otherwise authorized
- For an additional nightly charge, a second vehicle (non-RV) may be allowed on site for half the campsite fee (to a maximum of $12 per night)
- The maximum continuous length of stay is 5 days
- Consuming alcohol is prohibited
- Vehicles must remain in parking lot
- Pets must be on a leash
- Dispose of trash in designated bins
- Quiet hours from 10pm – 7am
- NO motorized recreational vehicles (ATV's, dirt bikes etc.)
- NO dumping station
General Camping Information and Safety
**No Smoking on hiking trails or while riding the lift due to extreme forest fire danger
- Please smoke in designated smoking locations only
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in the Alpine
Stay on designated trails
- Familiarize yourself with the trail route
- Trail Maps are located in the Village, and at the bottom of the Bullet Chairlift
- Trails are physically marked with neon coloured Inukshuk
- Stay on the designated trails - leaving the trail will damage the fragile ecosystem of the mountain
- Do not pick the flowers
To avoid potential problems with bears, lock your food in your vehicle whenever you are asleep or not at your campsite. Be sure to use the garbage containers provided and maintain a clean campsite. Never feed or approach bears.
An encounter with a bear is something that visitors may experience when hiking and biking in the Alpine. Please remember that you are a guest in their home territory! Bears are beautiful creature and deserve our respect.
- Do not throw food or food waste into the forest, it can attract bears and then the bear gets into trouble
- Do not feed wildlife
- Hike and bike in groups and make lots of noise
Remain calm. Think ahead.
Your actions are the best defense against a bear attack.
For booking inquiries and more information, email email@example.com or call 250.765.8888