Explore Big White's backcountry terrain on a fat bike! Yet another way for skiers and non skiers alike to enjoy and explore the mountain. Fat biking is a new opportunity for adventure enthusiasts of all types – check out Trapping Meadows, our Fat Bike designed trail - you’re sure to enjoy the adventure.
Fat Biking Trails are free for use.
- There is 1 designated trail for Fat Biking with an access point at both Black Forest and Happy Valley.
- Please stay on Trapping Meadows
- Bring your own bike - Big White does not currently rent any fat bikes.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing with layers
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - Fat Bikes are not allowed in Lara's Gondola. Please ride along the public road down towards Happy Valley, turn left into the parking lot and cross the bridge into the Happy Valley Adventure Centre, follow the Nordic Trail Signs.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the Adventure Centre.
- By Vehicle – Park in the Black Forest Parking Lot, proceed to trail head (as marked).
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.