Fat Biking Trails & Rentals
Thanks for a great 2020/2021 season, we look forward to seeing you next year.
Booking calendars will be made available Fall of 2021, we appreciate your patience while we organize the upcoming season.
Explore Big White's backcountry terrain on a fat bike! Yet another way for skiers and non skiers alike to enjoy and explore the mountain. Fat biking is a new opportunity for adventure enthusiasts of all types – check out Trapping Meadows, our Fat Bike designed trail - you’re sure to enjoy the adventure.
Access to the Fat Bike trails is complimentary for the 2020/2021 season, ensure you obey all posted signs re: trail access
- Please ensure you stay on designated trails and obey all posted signs - see the map below (and at trailheads)
- Fat Bike rentals available if needed
Fat Bike Rental Rates
Hours of Operation
11am - 3pm, Friday - Sunday
11am - 3pm, 7 days a week during BC Spring Break - March 15th - 26th 2021
$39 for 2 hours or $74 for 4 hours
Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice. Late fees applicable for late returns.
How to find the right bike size for you:
- All riders must sign a waiver prior to departure, please be advised there are two waivers to be signed
- Bring your own Helmet and Gloves. (Helmets are available if you don't have one)
- Riders should have some experience riding a regular bike
- A basic level of fitness is recommended
- It is strongly advised that riders wear tinted eyewear (glasses/goggles) to protect yourself from snow glare that could impede your vision
- There will be a lot of photo opportunities so be sure to bring you camera and capture the moment
- Bring your driver’s license for ID and a credit card to secure your booking
- Late fees are applicable - $10/every 15 minutes
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing with layers
- Insulated winter walking footwear is the best option for this activity
- Bring a neck warmer and goggles
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - Fat Bikes are not allowed in Lara's Gondola. Please ride along the public road down towards Happy Valley, turn left into the parking lot and cross the bridge into the Happy Valley Adventure Centre, follow the Nordic Trail Signs.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the Adventure Centre.
- By Vehicle – Park in the Black Forest Parking Lot, proceed to trail head (as marked).
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge and Black Forest Day Lodge.