Take a spin on your ice skates at Canada's highest outdoor skating rink, surrounded by the breathtaking view of snow-covered trees and picturesque mountains. Whether you are looking for leisurely ice skating with family and friends, or a friendly pickup hockey game with the locals, this world-class rink is for you.
Operating Dates & Times
|11:00am - 9:00pm||Sunday - Thursday||Open daily|
|11:00am - 10:00pm||Friday & Saturday||Open daily|
|11:00am - 10:00pm||Holiday Periods:
Christmas Break (Dec. 22 - Jan. 6)
BC Family Day Weekend (Sun, Feb 11)
Presidents Week (Feb. 17 - 24)
Start & end dates are subject to change with weather conditions.
Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
Ice Skating Rates - Rentals at the Happy Valley Rental Shop
|Rink Ticket||Skate Rental||Hockey Stick Rental||Helmet Rental||Souvenir Puck|
|FREE||$12/hour||$6hour ($30 deposit required)||$6/hour||$5|
All rentals require a credit card and photo identification. Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
A waiver needs to be signed by all persons wanting to rent skates. If you are 18 and under a Parent or Legal Guardian who is 19+ and over need to sign a waiver for you before you can rent skates.
- All participants must be wearing skates to enter the rink.
- Slap shots and raising the puck are not permitted.
- Helmets recommended.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the rink.
- All participants must follow attendant's instructions. Unsafe conduct will result in the removal of your ticket without refund.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn right in front of Happy Valley Day Lodge for entrance to the skating rink
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the skating rink
- Olympic sized ice surface.
- Ticket Sales located in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge, featuring Belgian Waffles, hot dogs, hot chocolate, and some other types of snack food and beverages.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Fully lit for night skating.
- Bonfire daily after 3pm to warm up around.
- Ice buddies to assist beginner skaters.