The Skating Rink is now closed for the season
Take a spin on your ice skates at Canada's highest outdoor skating rink, surrounded by the breathtaking view of snow-covered trees and picturesque mountains. Whether you are looking for leisurely ice skating with family and friends, or a friendly pickup hockey game with the locals, this world-class rink is for you.
Please be advised, there are no pedestrians permitted on the rink. All guests must have skates.
Operating Dates & Times
|Regular Season (Non-Holiday Periods)|
|Sunday - Thursday||closed|
|Friday & Saturday||closed|
Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
Ice Skating Rentals now closed
|Skating||Skate Rental||Hockey Stick Rental||Helmet Rental||Souvenir Puck|
Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
A waiver needs to be signed by all persons wanting to rent skates, sticks or helmets. If you are 16 and under a Parent or Legal Guardian who is 16+ and over need to sign a waiver for you before you can rent skates.
- All participants must be wearing skates to enter the rink.
- Slap shots and raising the puck are not permitted.
- Helmets recommended.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the rink.
- All participants must follow attendant's instructions. Unsafe conduct will result in the removal of your ticket without refund.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing
- Please be advised, the rink can be closed at various times throughout the season depending on weather conditions
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn right in front of Happy Valley Day Lodge for entrance to the skating rink
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the skating rink
- Olympic sized ice surface.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Fully lit for night skating.
- Bonfire daily after 3pm to warm up around.
- Ice buddies to assist beginner skaters.